Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

Cluster not showing in dataset

dbotdbot Member Posts: 8 Learner I
I am running the cluster operator. Even after selecting "add cluster attribute", it is not showing in my dataset. What am I doing wrong?

Best Answers

• ceaperezceaperez Member Posts: 541 Unicorn
    edited July 2 Solution Accepted
    Hi @dbot
    but are you able to view the results before to use the write to excel operator?
    you can introduce a breakpoint after the clustering visualization opertator and review the results?
    best, 
    Cesar 
  • dbotdbot Member Posts: 8 Learner I
    Solution Accepted
    Got it! Thank you so much. 
    Solution Accepted
    That’s great 

Answers

Hi @dbot,
    are you working with Cluster Model from Data operator?
    This operator is for converting an external dataset with cluster attribute in a centroid-based cluster that you can use inside of AI Studio (Rapidminer) with other operators that works with Cluster outputs, like Cluster model visualizer. 
    Is you are trying to clustering with AI Studio, there are a lot of operators like K-Means, K-Medoids and so on. 

Best, 

Cesar
    I am using Kmeans - cluster model operator. I already have the visualizer also included. For some reason, I am unable to see how the clusters were assigned for each row.
    Here is my model. However, even after selecting the labels option, it does not produce the clusters on the dataest used.
    Hi @dbot
    Are you connecting the vis output port to the res port?
    Another option is to connect the second clu output port from the clustering operator to the res port and you'll see the dataset with a new attribute for the cluster value.
    can you share your process?
    best,
    cesar
    I tried the alternative option, but it doesn't seem to be working. Maybe because I am  using the multiplier option with clustering? I sent a screenshot of my process. Can you see this by chance?
    I am so sorry. Can you break this down for a newbie? ;)
    edited July 2
    @dbot
    your process looks fine, but before to export the results, you can check it into the AI Studio. 
    You can right-click on clustering operator and select Breakpoint after. After run your process you are able to see the  clustering  results.
    Also your write excel operator output isn't connected to the res port on the right side
    please check it. 

Cesar

Yes! That worked. How do I get that to save in my original data source within RapidMiner?
    Thank you!