Options

RapidMiner quits under XP Pro SP3

NCWGNCWG Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi, I've tried installing both RapidMiner 5 and 4.6 on my XP Pro SP3 laptop and have not been able to work with either version of the program.

If I open it and choose the attribute description file wizard, when I select "choose" to find my data set RapidMiner quits.
I notice that if I put a path and filename in directly, instead of trying to browse for a file, it will move on to the next step but will quit sometime later during the attribute process.

Is something corrupt, maybe?

Thanks,
NCWG

Answers

• Options
    haddockhaddock Member Posts: 849 Maven
    Hi there,

What happens if you do Help->Rapidminer Tutorial from the main menu bar? I'm pondering whether you are installed properly.

Onward through the fog!
  • Options
    NCWGNCWG Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
    Ok, I'm walking through the tutorial and so far so good. I can click on the Input operator when it asks me to, select the Edit button and see the info from the sample set. But if I stop following the tutorial and choose "Start Data Loading Wizard" next to the configure_operator on that screen, and select the Choose button to identify a file, it quits immediately. I'll keep following the tutorial and report back.
  • Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    does the same behavior occur, if you open another file chooser for example when clicking on the import file menu entries in the file menu?

Greetings,
      Sebastian