Options

Permutation Validity

B_MinerB_Miner Member Posts: 72 Contributor II
Hi All -

Is there anyway in RM to run permutation of the label value amongst the training records? I am looking at this method (performed many times) as a form of model validation and to generate a p-value. Any RM or general thoughts on this practice?

Thanks!
Brian

Answers

• Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi Brian,
    am I right if I assume, that you want to redistribute the label's values among the examples randomly?
    As far as I recall that is not possible in RapidMiner, but you might change the label values randomly instead of redistributing them. This might be achieved by the Add Noise operator.

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • Options
    B_MinerB_Miner Member Posts: 72 Contributor II
    Hey Sebastian-

Yes, I am looking for a way to randomly assign labels to training cases (maintaining the number of each label of course)..
  • Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    I think we don't have such a method currently. Uhm. I think you will have to use the Scripting operator or write an entire Extension to add this functionality. There's a white paper available in our shop, that describes in detail how to the Scripting operator works and how Extensions can be created.

Greetings,
      Sebastian