application development using rapidminer

satyendrasatyendra Member Posts: 13 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
hii all,
          presently i am working on the breast cancer dataset in order to predict whether the breast cancer is benign or malignant........i have created a prediction model using rapidminer.......................now i want to create an application......" where a patient can give its data directly  as input and get the prediction about the status of breast cancer(by using the mode created  in rapidminer).......in this i am trying to create a gui which will act as an intermediate between user and the rapidminer in other words.............. front end work will be done by the gui and the back end work of prediction will be done by the rapidminer. "........................now i don`t know whether it is possible or not.......................if it is possible then how to complete this task........... ?????? :-[
                                  with regards,
                                  satyendra.

Answers

• steffensteffen Member Posts: 347 Maven
    Hello Satyendra

Of course this is possible and if you know how to write programs in Java, you should be able to do this in "no time".

Regarding the "how":
    1. If you want to learn how to embed rapidminer in your application, you could download the tutorial.pdf from the sourceforge page (rapidminer version 4.6). I do not know whether there is something like this for rapidminer5 available :/
    2. The implementation itself should init rapidminer and load the model (using the modelloader operator) at gui startup, convert the input data provided by the user into a exampleset and pass this to the model for application. The resulting prediction can be read afterwards from the applied exampleset and passed back to the gui.

If you have more specific questions, feel free to come back.

regards,

steffen

edit: I see that ingo has already told you, that the extension-strategy didnt change much in rapidminer5 (http://rapid-i.com/rapidforum/index.php/topic,1703.msg6592.html).
    edit2: Also I see  that sebastian has told you how to apply a model (http://rapid-i.com/rapidforum/index.php/topic,1227.msg4693.html)
  • satyendrasatyendra Member Posts: 13 Contributor II
    thanks for the answer, well at this point ,i want to know ,how can i convert the input data into the example set........do i have to use word vector tool for this purpose............?????? ???
                                                            with regards ,
                                                                satyendra.
  • steffensteffen Member Posts: 347 Maven
    For breast cancer data set ? Seriously, no...

You have to options:
    • You let rapidminer do the work. In this case you can use an operator to load the data from a file ("read csv" for example ...)
    • You convert the data on your own (e.g. int the case where a user enters data into the gui). In this case you have to built an exampleset on your own. To learn how to do this see the mentioned tutorial-4.6.pdf file (section 7.6)
    regards,

steffen