Setting A Default View

dragoljubdragoljub Member Posts: 241 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
Hey Guys,

Does RM have the ability to set a different default (user created) view? This will be very useful to have since the default view frequently/randomly resize all windows to unusable dimensions. (Win 7 Ultimate 64bit).

Thanks,
-Gagi

Answers

• landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi Gagi,
    well, this is new for me, does anybody else with Windows 7 (or without) has this problems? Might be a good idea to delete the .RapidMiner5 directory in your home directory to avoid any problems that might arise from earlier versions. But be aware that this might result in some loss of settings, etc...

Anyway I'm not quite sure if you are primarily asking for a new feature or want to have this bug solved? :)

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    Hi,

I am with Sebastian that I am wondering what causes this bug. Beside that: did you have seen the view menu and did you created a new perspective? Maybe this helps...

Cheers,
    Ingo
  • dragoljubdragoljub Member Posts: 241 Contributor II
    Hi Guys,

Yes the default perspective (I call it view) constantly re-sizes all my windows. (Under windows 7 ultimate x64) I am noticing this on multiple computers running this OS.

So it would be good to be able to set a user created perspective as default. Is this possible? Otherwise I'm constantly switching perspectives every time I open a file.
  • landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    please file this as a feature request to our bug tracker. We will try to include that with our next version. Anyway a bug report for this ugly behavior could solve the problem, before the feature request is solved. So you should add this at least.

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • dragoljubdragoljub Member Posts: 241 Contributor II
    At this point I have removed most of the default windows and rearranged my default perspective in two rows. Top row is the process bottom row contains tabs to lots of other windows. This seems stable and does not resize. The default perspective configuration would constantly resize the views to a 3x3 grid.

-Gagi