RapidMiner

Discussion: Gartner 2016 Magic Quadrant for Advanced Analytics Platforms

RM Certified Expert

Discussion: Gartner 2016 Magic Quadrant for Advanced Analytics Platforms

Hi guys,

I just saw the latest Gartner Magic Quadrant online and wanted to start a discussion on it here: https://rapidminer.com/resource/leader-gartner-magic-quadrant-advanced-analytics/
I'd particularly like to know what the guys at RapidMiner think of the ratings and comments. 

There's now 5 vendors in the leaders quadrant with RapidMiner rated by Gartner below KNIME in both ability to execute & completeness of vision

Here's Gartner's take on RapidMiner's strengths & weaknesses. 

Strengths

• RapidMiner has executed on a strong sales and marketing strategy during the past year, targeting ease of use for the citizen data scientist, resulting in recent market traction.

• RapidMiner received high scores for innovative features such as its "Wisdom of Crowds" guidance for recommended next steps, and its collaboration features. The integration of its Radoop acquisition (to better address big data environments) and building out its marketplace have both contributed to a much more balanced offering.

• RapidMiner's customers consistently mention the combination of ease of use, with improved productivity from modeling through deployment, and great extensibility.

Cautions

• While RapidMiner's reference scores for customer satisfaction have gone up from its drop last year, they remain below average. The company has among the highest percentage of reference customers in this Magic Quadrant reporting challenges or problems with its software.

• [With a new round of Series C investment in early 2016 and a new executive leadership team, customers should keep an eye on RapidMiner's strategy to ensure it can fulfill on its promises to invest in customer support, rather than just go for quick market penetration./li]
-- Training, Consulting, Sales in China, Hong Kong & Taiwan --
www.RapidMinerChina.com
3 REPLIES
RM Staff

Re: Discussion: Gartner 2016 Magic Quadrant for Advanced Analytics Platforms

Hi John,

i think the comments from RapidMiner are pretty obvious. We are of course happy to be in the leaders quadrant for three years in a row. Obviously it feels great to close the gap to the mamuts of SPSS and SAS further. I personally feel that Gartner values or efforts to develop the prime product for adv. analytics.

Or to quote our CMO:

"We're thrilled to be recognized as a Leader by Gartner for the third year in a row," said Tom Wentworth, RapidMiner's Chief Marketing Officer. "We believe that advanced analytics and machine learning will disrupt entire industries, and RapidMiner continues to deliver on our mission to help organizations unleash data-driven decisions and extract new business value."

Source: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/rapidminer-named-a-leader-in-gartners-2016-magic-quadrant-fo...

Best,
Martin
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Head of Data Science Services at RapidMiner
RM Certified Expert

Hey Martin,

Yes, I'm really happy too that RapidMiner is a leader for the third year running, but I also personally feel that Gartner's report undervalues RapidMiner's product a little.  (Maybe I'm bias  Smiley Wink )

However, the market in the leader quadrant is now getting really interesting.  SAS, IBM, KNIME & RapidMiner are all in a much tighter bunch.  Dell has now joined in and Microsoft is almost there too.  Also Alteryx are in almost in exactly the same position on this MQ as they are on the 2016 BI & Analytics MQ https://www.gartner.com/doc/reprints?id=1-2XXET8P&ct=160204&st=sb

Next year is going to be really exciting, and I think RapidMiner has a very strong product offering compared to the others now, so great news! 

But...
How will RapidMiner address the negative points on this report? 
And how can we as a community help to "turn those Gartner frowns upside down"? 
-- Training, Consulting, Sales in China, Hong Kong & Taiwan --
www.RapidMinerChina.com
RM Staff

by the way: I can reccommend this post here: http://thomaswdinsmore.com/2016/02/15/big-analytics-roundup-february-15-2016/
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Head of Data Science Services at RapidMiner