11-24-2013 07:59 AM
The current state of pricing in the software
industry is, to put it mildly, chaotic.
Although vendors have pricing policies and
strategies, they often fail to enforce them.
More commonly, they change their pricing
approaches from one deal to the next, based
on a combination of past sales, limited
customer information and minimal insight into
11-24-2013 01:10 PM
11-26-2013 01:04 AM
11-26-2013 10:38 PM
1. If the community finds bugs, will Rapid-I take action? Or can the community submit solutions that will be incorporated by Rapid-I? Please let us know what your strategy is here. If you stop support, and certainly I am NOT suggesting this, then possibly a fork would be the way to go. Still, I don´t think this would be ideal to anyone midterm.
2. If the community creates extensions to RM 5, can these still be submitted to the marketplace? We actually submitted a request recently (free of charge contribution) and the feedback was that this was already incorporated in RM 6 (?)... Therefore my question.
3. we are using RM and for a number of projects I think that your personal commercial offer could fit. Again, can you please explain somewhere what the exact differences are between the various flavours, ideally with the whole licensing agreement? I am willing to bet for a free RM version that what is on the web are not the only differences. If yes, I will commit to buy the personal version within the next three months...
4. Could you say anything about compatibility between RM 5 and RM 6? Some of our projects may not be compatible with RM6 licensing (connections to GPL3 processes, financially, ...). So, anything you can say about this... We could be in a situation where we have to support both versions, or standardize on just one...
5. will it be possible to adapt (legally..) the code in RM6, let´s say enterprise edition? I.e. is there a right to modify?
Pricing comes into place when these processes or code are used in a business deployment to gain a business benefit.
Also appreciate your policy of charging for computing power and on period basis, which is completely consistent with service oriented pricing rather than license oriented one that the industry is turning to.
11-27-2013 10:42 PM
12-01-2013 06:24 AM
12-01-2013 11:38 AM
I noticed in the previous licensing, there was a option for OEM kind of license which can be taken in discussion with your sales team.
Do you still have path available ?
Is RapidMiner still open source?
Will future versions of rapidminer be open source?
01-13-2014 03:53 PM
05-26-2014 08:49 AM