Options

Creating an Extension for TSFRESH

richardsona4richardsona4 Member, University Professor Posts: 11 University Professor
edited December 2018 in Help

Hello Developer Community,

I am a new user to RM studio. How would one go about creating an extension to operationalize the feature extraction method using TS-FRESH? I am doing some research with this method, so having this feature extraction method in GUI vs. Command Line would be a major plus for expediting work efforts.

tsfresh is a python package. It automatically calculates a large number of time series characteristics, the so called features. Further the package contains methods to evaluate the explaining power and importance of such characteristics for regression or classification tasks.

https://tsfresh.readthedocs.io/en/latest/ 

I wanted to post in the new idea section, but for some reason, I'm not allowed to post ideas.

Thanks,

Anthony 

Best Answer

• Options
    sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    Solution Accepted

hi @richardsona4 -

Yes my apologies for your inability to post ideas. I purposely block "newbies" from posting ideas because, more often or not, their ideas are usually already solved and they have not found them yet. :) That said, your idea is 100% legitimate so I am granting you that privilege right now. Ah, the power of a community manager!

On your extension question - that's great! We love people who want to do this. You have a few options open to you:

• You can hard-code RapidMiner extensions in Java and submit them to RapidMiner for the marketplace. All instructions on how to do this are here: https://docs.rapidminer.com/latest/developers/creating-your-own-extension/
    • An easier thing to do would to build a "building block" (a mini-process) just within a RapidMiner subprocess that has an Execute Python operator that does your special thing. If you can get that working, I can post it in the Community Samples section of RapidMiner Studio:

Screen Shot 2018-08-22 at 8.52.39 PM.png

As you can see, my one "Append with Union" building block is rather lonely so it would be great if you add. This is a brand-new feature of RapidMiner Studio so you're getting in on the ground floor!

Hope that helps! Good luck building!

Scott