How can I call an outer process from my own operator?

matsuiakiramatsuiakira Member Posts: 4 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help

I am concidering making my own operator, that enables me to call a UNIX command installed on my computer.

For this reason, I need to call an outer process from Java source code, but the security & restrictions have been harder scinse Rapidminer Studio 7.2.

How can I overcome the new security policy to call an outer process?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• mmichelmmichel Employee, Member Posts: 129 RM Engineering
    Solution Accepted

Hi,

the execution of external applications/ commands is only possible for signed extensions.

If you want to publish your extension on the marketplace, please write me a PM then we can speak about the signing process.

In the meantime or for development purposes you can utilize the open core of RapidMiner Studio. Just add '-SNAPSHOT' to the RapidMiner version (gradle.properties) and the the security restrictions will not be applied.

Next time please post these kind of questions in the development forum.

Cheers,

Marcel

Answers

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,497 RM Data Scientist

Hi,

isn't this operator already available with Execute Program?

~Martin

- Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • matsuiakiramatsuiakira Member Posts: 4 Contributor I

Thanks for you quick reply, Martin!

I know the Execute Program operator provides a similar feature,

but what I'd like to make is one that has similar interface to Execute Python/R.

• 2131012221310122 Member Posts: 40 Guru

After downloading the template project(rapidminer-extension-template-master) from github, there is only one line in file gradle.properties:

version=1.0.0

As you said, we should add -SNAPSHOT to the version of rapidminer and the the security restrictions will not be applied. 

So what's the key that stands the version of rapidminer in this properties file?

Or I should just add -SNAPSHOT like this:

version=1.0.0-SNAPSHOT

The snapshot classifier should be added to the open-core of RapidMiner (rapidminer-studio/gradle.properties), not the extension template ;-)

But I don't use rapidminer-studio source code, I just add rapidminer dependency in my extension project like this image.
    So How can I edit its gradle.properties and add -SNAPSHOT?
    1.png 4.7K

I'm afraid, but to my knowledge you would need the source code of RapidMiner Studio for that.

But I read your document named "how to extend RapidMiner", it said I just need use a RapidMiner as dependency like this:

So should I add -SNAPSHOT in this dependency settings? like 7.0.0-SNAPSHOT?

1.jpg

Nope, you should start your extension via the open core of RapidMiner Studio and add the '-SNAPSHOT' tag there (rapidminer-studio/gradle.properties).