"Integration

jaysonprydejaysonpryde Member Posts: 20 Contributor II
edited June 2019 in Help
Hi All,

I have Rapidminer installed in Windows2003 x64 (64-bit) and developed a Java applications which utilizes rapidminer's libraries. The application is working fine as long as my JAR sees the rapidminer JARs, which I placed on 'libs" subfolder of the working directory of my application. Now, when I deployed the entire application (including the libs) on another machine, specifically, Windows 7 Pro x64, createAttribute of AttributeFactory is throwing a null pointer exception. I thought I missed some JARs to be copied... However, I was able to copy them all.
   So what I did is install rapidminer on another WIndows 7 Pro x64 machine and get the libs there, copy them to the Windows 7 machine where I deployed my application, and now, the application works fine...

I don't what's the reason behind this so my question is... Is this expected? I mean should I really install rapidminer on different platforms and get the libs depending on what OS flavor will I deploy my application?

Hope my question was clear.
Tagged:

Answers

• Nils_WoehlerNils_Woehler Member Posts: 463 Maven
    Hi,

what Java versions do you have on both machines? There are two versions of RapidMiner: a 32-bit version and a 64-bit version. The code is the same but the RapidMiner version depends on the Java version it has been compiled with. So if you have a 32-bit System you only can use the 32-bit version of RapidMiner because only Java 32-bit is supported.With a 64-bit machine both 32-bit Java and 64-bit Java are possible.
    So I think you have to check your Java version on both machines. Probably your first machine works with a 64-bit Java whereas your second machine has only a 32-bit version installed which causes this error to occur.

Best,
    Nils
  • jaysonprydejaysonpryde Member Posts: 20 Contributor II
    Thank you very much for the reply. I will check this but as far as I remember, i installed java 64-bit version on both machines.
    Again, thanks!