Options

Where are these methods or classes?

amyamy Member Posts: 16 Maven
edited November 2018 in Help
Sorry to bother.
I just transfered from version 4.1 beta2 to the newest version 4.4. But I find I am lost.
It seems that there are many changes and improvements. Where can I find all the changes from version 4.1 to version 4.4.
I can not find the methods or classes bellowing:
IdUtils.getExampleFromId(es, d));
IdUtils.getIdFromExample(e)
FlatClusterModel, KMeansClusterModel, CentroidBasedClusterModel...
Also I have some problems with wvtoolOperator.setListParameter.
List<Object[]> textList = new LinkedList<Object[]>();
        textList.add(new Object[] {"graphics","sample/data/newsgroup/graphics"});
        textList.add(new Object[] {"hardware","sample/data/newsgroup/hardware"});
wvtoolOperator.setListParameter("texts", textList);
I got the error says that The method setListParameter(String, List<String[]>) in the type Operator is not applicable for the
arguments (String, List<Object[]>)
Can anybody help? Thanks a million.

Amy
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    Hi Amy,

I just transfered from version 4.1 beta2 to the newest version 4.4. But I find I am lost.
    No wonder. You missed more than one year of development - and we tried to improve a lot...  ;)

Where can I find all the changes from version 4.1 to version 4.4.
    In each download file / RM installation you will find a change log file called "CHANGES.txt" which describes almost all (at least all important) changes. This is also part of the CVS (in the root of the project).

IdUtils.getExampleFromId(es, d));
    IdUtils.getIdFromExample(e)
    FlatClusterModel, KMeansClusterModel, CentroidBasedClusterModel...
    We completely revised the clustering in the meantime since relying on the IDs was not really reliable and slower than necessary. And I always found working with IDs instead of example and storing the examples (which should actually not be stored at all) less intuitive and not as clean as it could be. As a consequence, the clustering algorithms have changed a lot. Here are some hints:

- The cluster models are now located in "com.rapidminer.operator.clustering"
    - From there you can get also the ID of how to work without IDs - the IdUtils have been completely removed

I got the error says that The method setListParameter(String, List<String[]>) in the type Operator is not applicable for the
    arguments (String, List<Object[]>).
    That's quite easy to fix. Just replace the Object[] by a String[], i.e. like in

List<String[]> textList = new LinkedList<Sgtring[]>();
            textList.add(new String[] {"graphics","sample/data/newsgroup/graphics"});
            textList.add(new String[] {"hardware","sample/data/newsgroup/hardware"});
    wvtoolOperator.setListParameter("texts", textList);

Hope that helps. By the way: I moved this topic into the board "Development".
    Ingo
  • Options
    amyamy Member Posts: 16 Maven
    Hi Ingo,
    Thanks a million for your patience and support.
    I sincerely appreciate all the replies. It really helps a lot.
    I will try to catch up. Thanks.  :)

Best Regards

Amy