Credit Card Fraud Detection Modeling

sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
edited December 2018 in Help

My colleagues have come up with a very nice use case on credit card fraud detection modeling that may be useful for those of you in this area.   The full repository is attached to this thread including a sample data set and sample processes.  Enjoy!

Scott

Tagged:

Answers

• lorinw00lorinw00 Member Posts: 1 Contributor I

This is great!  Very useful.  Thanks.

• tonyboy9tonyboy9 Member Posts: 113 Contributor II
    Hi Scott, I downloaded your 
    Fraud Example Credit Card.zip to my hard drive, intending to open with Excel, to import to Studio. Same with the processes files. This is what I got:

Opening the data folder and right clicking, this is all I see.

What am I not doing here to import the data set and processes to Studio?

Thank you for your time.

Tony

• Telcontar120Telcontar120 Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,635 Unicorn
    You have to put these in a location and then add them to the repository inside RapidMiner.  These are file types that are specific to RapidMiner and you won't be able to open them directly from the file browser.

Brian T.
    Lindon Ventures 
    Data Science Consulting from Certified RapidMiner Experts
  • tonyboy9tonyboy9 Member Posts: 113 Contributor II
    I've never had to deal with Mac files like this.

I can put the Data and Process folders on my Desktop,
    but those folders will not Import to Studio.

This is the contents of the Data folder.

This is the contents of the Process folder.

How do I place these in Excel or csv format suitable for my Desktop to Import?

Thanks for your time.

Tony

• Telcontar120Telcontar120 Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,635 Unicorn
    Within RapidMiner, you want to add the files to the repository.  Here's where you find this:

This makes them accessible in RapidMiner.
    You might want to watch the basic introduction tutorial about dealing with data in RapidMiner, it would probably help.

Brian T.
    Lindon Ventures 
    Data Science Consulting from Certified RapidMiner Experts