RapidMiner

Welcome to the Florida RapidMiners group - introduce yourself!

This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
RM Certified Expert
RM Certified Expert

Hi there fellow Floridians!

RapidMiner Community has introduced regional groups to allow RapidMiner users in the same geographic areas to more easily communicate and coordinate activities, both online and in the real world.  Hitting the "Join Group" button here will allow you to keep up-to-date with other RapidMiners across the Sunshine State.  It will also allow you to post new messages and reply to others. 

So why not make your first post an introduction?  Tell us:

• Your name (if you'd like)
  • What you do (profession/student/academic etc)
  • What you are doing with RapidMiner
  • What you want to get out of our Community Group (help and guidance, knowledge sharing, a new job perhaps?)

Looking forward to meeting you all!

3 REPLIES
RM Certified Expert
RM Certified Expert

Re: Welcome to the Florida RapidMiners group - introduce yourself!

I will start the group off with an introduction of my own.  My name is Brian Tvenstrup, and I have been a RapidMiner user for over 5 years now, using it extensively for a large variety of different analytical tasks from basic data ETL and EDA to predictive modeling and text mining and web mining.  I run a small independent consulting company, Lindon Ventures, that specializes in analytics, strategy, and marketing, and I make regular use of RapidMiner in my work.  I am also a certified RapidMiner Partner and Trainer and the moderator of the Florida Community Group.  I am mostly interested in meeting (both online and offline) other RapidMiner users and data science professionals in Florida and hearing about their projects.  I have been a Florida resident since 2013, after having lived most of my life in the Northeast USA, where I grew up, went to school, and worked for many years.

Looking forward to meeting the rest of you here!

Hello dear RM Floridians/dear Brian,

My name is Adrian and I am taking some MIS electives as part of an MBA program at FIU which focuses on learning how to utilize RM.

Machine learning is a really exciting field for me and I can't wait to go past the scratching the surface level. I am looking forward to bouncing off ideas on what could be improved by using RM and potentially expanding my network that may lead to some job prospects.

Looking forward to collaborating with all of you.

Regards,

Adrian

Highlighted
RM Certified Expert
RM Certified Expert

Hello Adrian and welcome to the group!  It sounds like quite an interesting program at FIU, and I'm glad to see they are leveraging the power and ease-of-use of RapidMiner.  You should definitely encourage your professor and fellow students to get connected here on the Florida RM group as well.  Miami and Tampa aren't immediate neighbors, but perhaps we'll have a chance for a real-life meetup sometime in 2017!