Options

Account is blocked e-mail spam

desktopdesktop Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
edited December 2018 in Help

Hello

I keep getting constant e-mails of about 5 per day saying:

RapidMiner <inquiries@rapidminer.com>

Blocked Access Attempt

We detected suspicious activity and blocked the access to your account.

If it was you click here to unblock your account. Otherwise disregard this email.

Thanks,

– the RapidMiner Team

But I was able to loginto my rapid miner account with any issues

I contacted support about and I was told to post this issue on the community forum

Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    JessForbesRMJessForbesRM RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 38 RM Data Scientist

Hello,

According to our system there are some 400 logons from your account over the past 2 days.  

It also not reporting as blocked, if the account has been used on multiple installs of Rapidminer it could explain the repeated log ons.  I would recommend using your account for only your instance.  Can you expand a bit as to how rapidminer is being used by you that would cause so many log ons?  Its possible you've suffered some sort of security breach as well, I would recommend changing your password.  

• Options
    sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager

hi @desktop - that's likely because you're in a university environment using the license multiple times. Let's take this privately. Please send me a DM.

Scott