Automate trigger process

mengkoon007mengkoon007 Member Posts: 30 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help

Hi,

I have created a process to read data from a database and then write the output to another database. Currently, I am maunually running the process in rapidminer studio by clicking the "Run" button which is very tedious.

I have been trying to search for a solution to trigger the process automatically at 1am daily but to no avail. Can someone kindly help on this?

Thanks.

Tagged:

Answers

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn
    yes, you will need to use RapidMiner server to auto trigger processes.
  • mengkoon007mengkoon007 Member Posts: 30 Contributor I

Hi,

Can kindly advise the steps to create the trigger as I am unsure what will happen if I try the below steps?

Is it in rapidminer server, under processes > triggers > click "create new trigger" and choose trigger type as "Monitor file changes"?

1. I noticed there are 2 trigger types but I not sure what each meant? "Monitor file changes" and "Monitor incoming emails"?

2. After I click "new trigger", is it that I will ask to choose which process(eg. .rmp file) to run the trigger, what are the things that will need to be keyed? Is there any user manual? 

run process.gif

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

Monitor file changes will monitor any changes in a particular file and then execute a process. The monitor incoming emails can trigger a process when you email the server with an attachment. There's not much documentation on those triggers, you'd have to search the Community for clues or watch the old Rapid Analytics server videos on the RapidMiner YouTube channel. 

• mengkoon007mengkoon007 Member Posts: 30 Contributor I

Hi,

I have tried researching and noticed that the sceduler job can be done in rapidminer studio as per below screenshot.

scheduler.gif

However, when it runs, I received the following error message. Can anyone kindly advise on this? Thanks.

com.rapidminer.operator.UserError: The file could not be loaded

Error.gif

Not sure what the error is related too, that version of Server (RapidAnalytics) is no longer supported.

• munwar_cappiusmunwar_cappius Member Posts: 3 Contributor I

RapidMiner_Scheduler.png

From RapidMiner Studio 7.5, you can schedule a process on server.  It provides CRON style definition for running the process at specific times.   Ensure that process has access to all the input data (whatever needed to execute the process).