Options

Correlation mtrix calculations

schoeanischoeani Member Posts: 1 Contributor I
edited December 2018 in Help

Actually I just need help with two sources.

I need a confirmation about the calculations made in rapid miner. They are basically R^2, arent they? does anyone know where I can find a written confirmation for my Bachelor's Thesis?

And can anyone tell me a reliable source that describes the minimum R^2 that actually indicated a correlation? how would i determine one for a biological system?

Answers

• Options
    sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager

hi @schoeani - you can check out the documentation to that operator here.  As it says, the range is -1 to 1, so it clearly cannot be r^2, right?  :)  If you look further, you will see that there's an option in the parameters pane for r^2.

As for minimum r^2, that is a stats question that has a LOT of info elsewhere.  It really depends on what you're doing.  I would look at research in your field.  You can also look at Wolfram MathWorld which is my usual go-to source for mathematics reference.

Scott