Count the number of days that is not Promotion

demonlovesongdemonlovesong Member Posts: 16 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help

Hi, i have a dataset about the item's promotion period. firstly, Which i got it with using date_dff. However i have to get the number of days that is not having promotion as i am calculating the average sales per day and compare the non-promotion with promotion to get the effectiveness of the promotion. However, it seems that the item have multiple promotion and i hope i can add them up together and use the total numbers of days to deduct so that i can get the number of day that is not having the promotion. 

The files i upload below is an exmaple set of the data

business date is the day the tranasction happen

Listed fm and listed to is the promotion period.

promotion days is the number of days of the event

For instance, there is 184 promotion for this item, and i have 1912 item to filter

i need a formula for this 

Thank you very much !!!

Tagged:

Answers

• lionelderkrikorlionelderkrikor Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 1,195 Unicorn

Hi @demonlovesong,

"The files i upload below is an exmaple set of the data"

A priori you didn't share your files in your post.

Can you effectively share your files (and eventually your process) in order we better understand your problem ?

Regards,

Lionel

• demonlovesongdemonlovesong Member Posts: 16 Contributor I

Sorry Wrong choice of word, i can't upload the files , i only can show the picture

Sorry i didnt realise the picuture didnt upload successfully, this is the two exmaple of different promotion, 

• lionelderkrikorlionelderkrikor Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 1,195 Unicorn

Hi @demonlovesong,

You want compare for each item, the total sales (count) when It was in promotion to the total sales (count) when it was not in promotion ? that's right ?

because i have difficulties to understand with your 2 screenshots : On these screenshots, all the displayed items are buyed during promotion period...

Can you share the whole file in order we better understand ?

If you can't upload directly the file in the forum : 

- Zip and share the  *.zip file, here in the forum.

- Upload the file in "Google Drive", copy and share the link here in the forum :

Share_link.png

Regards,

Lionel

Sorry, I think my poor English had confused you, I want to get the total numbers of days that is not having the promotion, the given screenshot I trying to say that I already achieve calculating the promotion days. now I hope I can use these days to help me get the total numbers of days that is not having a promotion.

Hi @demonlovesong,

I don't know how to count the total numbers of days that is not having a promotion from

the screenshots you shared. In deed, in these screenshots, all buyed items are buyed during promotion period and there are no without promotion periods displayed...

So I allow myself to insist : I have difficulties to understand what you want to obtain with only these screenshots : Can you share your whole dataset in order we better understand and in fine help you...

Regards,

Lionel

Oh, because i know i have the data of 974 days and all i need is to add up the total numbers of  days promotion and use 974 to deduct, den i will get the total no. of days that is not having promotion.