Create themes from a document

dparaskevopdparaskevop Member Posts: 11 Contributor II
edited June 2019 in Help

Hello all, 

I have collected some comments from a feedback I received, I put them in a doc, and now I would like to extract some themes or topics from these comments. To categorise the comments in a way into different themes accoriding to the frequency of the words maybe? Is this sth that can be easily done? 

Many thanks,

Dimitris

Answers

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,503 RM Data Scientist

Hi,

have a look at the Extract Topics from Documents (LDA) operator which is part of operator toolbox. this should do it.

Cheers,

Martin

- Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • dparaskevopdparaskevop Member Posts: 11 Contributor II

Hi Martin, 

Thank you for your reply, I can find the Linear Discriminant Analysis operator, but I cannot find the Extract topics, could you please give me more guidance? 

Thank you very much and I am sorry I am not yet knowledgable of Rapid Miner. 

Best, Dimitris 

• lionelderkrikorlionelderkrikor Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 1,195 Unicorn

Hi @dparaskevop,

To use the operator Extract Topics from Document (LDA), you have to install first the last version

of Operator Toolbox extension from the Marketplace.

NB : In this case, LDA means Latent Dirichlet Allocation (and not Linear Discriminent Analysis).

I hope it helps,

Regards,

Lionel

Thank you very much, I found it. 

I am sorry to bombard you with questions, now how can I feed the word document I have into the Extract Topics from Document (LDA)? 

Many thanks,

Dimitris

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,503 RM Data Scientist

Hi @dparaskevop,

have you had a look on the tutorial processes?

Best,

Martin

Dortmund, Germany

Hi Martin, 

Could you please send me a link and I will do. 

Best, Dimitris 

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

Hi,

just click on the Operator and press f1. The tutorial processes are under "Description".

~Martin

Dortmund, Germany