I want to be able to correct spelling using the wordnet
But I do not know how to set up my own process for this purpose
I have a Twitter account
And I want to correct the wrong words in tweets
Someone knows how
Thanks a lot

Tagged:

Answers

• rfuentealbarfuentealba Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member, University Professor Posts: 568 Unicorn

Hi @jozeftomas_2020,

Spelling correction is a difficult topic in itself (correcting "thear" by "there" or "their"? or "armour" instead of "armoire"?), and its complexity comes from comparing words with their counterparts. If you have the Python extension and Anaconda installed properly, you should take a look at Peter Norvig's spell corrector recommendations (with code). That's something I would do at least.

If, on the other hand, you want spell correction recommendations, I would use Levenshtein and/or Phonetic extraction to find similarities.

Hope this helps,

• jozeftomas_2020jozeftomas_2020 Member Posts: 40

Hello
    Thank you very much for your help
    I do not know python
    I know just a little R
    I saw this site

https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/hunspell/vignettes/intro.html

How to use Twitter for data?
    You know

And
    These algorithms you named. Is there a program? What is the operator?
    Please help
    Thank you

• rfuentealbarfuentealba Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member, University Professor Posts: 568 Unicorn
    Read what I sent you. It contains links regarding R programming too.

Old wise man's piece of advice: great data scientists know what to ask, when to ask and how to ask. You know the "what" part and that is a good beginning, but the "when" part should come after a bit of reading and trying to come up with a solution yourself, and that gives you the "how": if you haven't done anything (will not judge you, but it looks like it's the case), there is no boat for others to jump and help you, as it looks like you are trying to get someone to do your job. You will think I'm being rude now but if you follow my advice you will learn a lot and have fun in the process. It's for you own benefit, trust this old man.

Another thing: don't be afraid of code, it doesn't hurt. The fact that it's called Python doesn't mean it's venomous or that it will strangle you :) Read what I sent, try it and if you get stuck in the middle, be back, mention me and I'll try to do my best to get you out of the mud.

Best wishes,
  • jozeftomas_2020jozeftomas_2020 Member Posts: 40

Hello friends
    I am not upset about your talk and I consider it an experience and advice
    I understood the meaning of the word of mouth
    But I do not know how to understand it
    (Synonyms or Hyponyms or Hypernyms)
    Can I correct spelling?
    Or I can get semantic clustering. Do I do documents based on the same content?
    I searched a lot but did not find it
    And that
    I am a beginner and need your help
    I entered my data
    Stop words, tokenize and steeming, and I used Wordnet but I could not cluster and I could not delete spelling mistakes.
    I'm for your own project. I do not have time to learn Python, and on the other hand, I'm going to teach my teacher what to do with this program
    Thanks a lot