How to remove negation from tweets and replace abbreviations with my original?

ghamgham Member Posts: 24
edited December 2018 in Help

hi

How to remove negation from tweets and replace abbreviations with my original?

Answers

• Telcontar120Telcontar120 Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,635 Unicorn

I am not totally clear about what you mean by "removing negation" from tweets.  Do you simply want to eliminate negative words like (no, not, never, etc.) from your analysis?

If so, one way would be to process your tweets as text, tokenizing by non-letters (to get individual words), and then create a custom stopword dictionary for negative words and use the Stopword (Dictionary) operator to remove them.  You can also use Replace Tokens for any abbreviations that you want to expand to the full word.

Brian T.
    Lindon Ventures 
    Data Science Consulting from Certified RapidMiner Experts
  • khazankhazan Member Posts: 23

I also have this problem

I want to delete negatives from the words of a sentence to analyze feelings. And I can replace abbreviations with the original words
    But
    I do not know what operators and how to use them?
    How do I use stop word dectionary and what dictionary do I have? Where to download?
    Please help me dear engineer

• ghamgham Member Posts: 24

I want to remove the negations from the words of a sentence to analyze emotions. And I want to replace the abbreviations with the original words
    But
    I do not know which operators and how to use them?
    How can I use the dictionary stop word and what dictionary should I find? Where to download?
    Please help my dear engineers

Hello

I've done some preprocessing.
    Only delete the words negate and replace abbreviated words with the original words that do not know how to do it
    I beg your pardon, I'm sorry
    Thankful
    ?

Please help my friend help me out.

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

@gham @khazan If you want to alert someone to your post, I suggest using the '@' symbol and their name, like @Telcontar120. Threads get buried after a while.

With respect to remicing negative words, how is this good if you're trying to understand emotion/sentiment? To turn words into abbreviations or something else, you can use the Replace Token operator or Replace operator.

Also, it' always best to post your XML process, community members have a hard time guessing what some posters are thinking. 

Hello
    Do you have a dictionary to remove stops word and steeming or remove negation? Do i download

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager

hello @gham I am sorry to say this but I am starting to issue temporary bans to users who cannot understand the protocol on how to ask questions on the community. In order to ask a question like this, you MUST post your process XML at the least. There are instructions on how to do this in many, many places including here: https://youtu.be/KkgB5QXWXJ8and the enormous "Read Before Posting" banner on right when you post/reply to any message.

Please post your XML so we can help you better.

Respectfully,