Import process from rapid miner version v5.1 into v8.1

thomas_wiedmannthomas_wiedmann Member Posts: 60 Guru
edited December 2018 in Help

I get some old RapidMiner process files (.xml) from RM v5.1. Try to import into v8.1 failed. Is there any way to migrate them automaticly?

STOP! My fault... I try to import wrong XML Files. Sorry!

Thanks!

Thomas

Tagged:

Best Answer

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    Solution Accepted

hi @thomas_wiedmann - that's the Reporting Extension. Did you add this from the Marketplace?

Scott

Answers

• Telcontar120Telcontar120 Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,635 Unicorn

You should be able to import the processes just fine (the files that end in the .rmp extension) but from a version that old, you may find that many of the operators have been deprecated, so you will need to review them carefully and you might need to rebuild parts of them to work properly.

Brian T.
    Lindon Ventures 
    Data Science Consulting from Certified RapidMiner Experts
  • thomas_wiedmannthomas_wiedmann Member Posts: 60 Guru

My first try to import these old process (v5.3). I get a bunch of warning and errors.

The central missing operator was "Generate Report". Is there an alternate for "Generate Report" ?

GenerateReport.png

Thanks!

Thomas

• thomas_wiedmannthomas_wiedmann Member Posts: 60 Guru

Thanks. I install i now. I works.. ;-)

Regards,

Thomas