Newbi - how to specify the location of a MS Access DB in the Manage Database Connections screen

david_e_monarchdavid_e_monarch Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
edited December 2018 in Help

I have no trouble connecting to server databases such as Postgresql, but I cannot see where to specify the location of a MS Access database when I am creating a connection to it. I tried putting the path in the Database scheme text box, but that didn't work. 

I apologize if this is lower than a newbi question, but I cannot find an answer.  

Any advice or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

David

Best Answer

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn
    Solution Accepted

The Read Access operator is a but of unique operator as it was rebuilt a few years ago. I don't think you create connections via the Connection tab anymore,  you just select all location of the database from the database parameter on the operator itself. 

Answers

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager

hello @david_e_monarch - welcome to the community. Hmm that's strange. Can you post a screenshot of your database connection screen so we can take a look?

Scott

• david_e_monarchdavid_e_monarch Member Posts: 3 Contributor I

Here is the Connections Screen.  

As a real newbi, I forgot to say that I am using version 8.0.001

• david_e_monarchdavid_e_monarch Member Posts: 3 Contributor I

You're correct.  I had been following along on the tutorial and did not look for this functionality in the Read Files group.  Still, I don't understand why there is a MS Access connection choice under connections if we should not use it.  Any thoughts on this?  :-)

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

No idea.