Noobie here. Two Separate Training and Validation FIles in RM

shredlegend88shredlegend88 Member Posts: 10 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help

I am new to RM and I am trying to figure out how to import two separate excel files.  One is for my training data, and the other is for my validation data.  I had to do it this way since the free version is limited to 10,000 records.  I will continue to troubleshoot in the meantime, but if anyone has ran into this particular issue where they had to circumvent the built in data partitioning features with two separate datasets (with the exact same columns) the help would be much appreciated.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• shredlegend88shredlegend88 Member Posts: 10 Contributor II
    Solution Accepted

I should have mentioned the issue was the free version is limited to 10,000 records and I thought I could get around this by using two datasets (training and validation) but I was able to obtain a 90 day educational license instead which freed up the record limit.  I am good to go now.

Answers

• shredlegend88shredlegend88 Member Posts: 10 Contributor II

To elaborate, i want to use my training file as my starting point for my model, then later use a separate validation file to measure it's performance.  

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,503 RM Data Scientist

Hi shredlegend88,

i sadly do not get your question. You can of course use two data sets, one for training one for testing. No Problem. Did you ran into some problem?

~Martin

- Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany