Regression Model for continuous dependent variable and binary independent variable

balaji_sundarambalaji_sundaram RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 8 Contributor II
edited December 2018 in Help

I need to know what kind of model i can use when the dependent variable is continuous and independent variables are binary

Answers

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn
  • balaji_sundarambalaji_sundaram RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 8 Contributor II

Yes, but that doesn't talk about time series. 

I need to know what kind of model I can use when the dependent variable is continuous and independent variables are binary. The dependent variable is sales and independent variables are months, year and other binary value variables

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,503 RM Data Scientist

Hi,

you probably want to window your time series data set first. Afterwards you join the correct labels to predict. That means you have numerical regular attributes (aka continuous depended variables) and a binominal label (aka binary independend variable).

Most algorithm can do this. E.g. SVM, Deep Learning, Random Forest, GBT.

Best,

Martin

- Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany