Set role confidence

denisovlevdenisovlev Member Posts: 1 Contributor I
edited December 2019 in Help

Is it possible to set role Confidence to a regular column (to use it to compute AUC for example)? Set role operator does not provide such functionality.

Tagged:

Answers

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn
    You should be able to. Use Set Role to select the column and set it to regular
  • CraneCraneCraneCrane Member Posts: 2 Contributor I

Hey all,

I'm also struggling with the same problem. I try to use an excel file with predictions and confidences for a classification task. I want to get performance measures (ROC), which isn't working as expected.

I realized, that the role for the confidences isn't set and was wondering how I could do so? Unfortunately set role to regular does not work.

When I use an example directly out of a model it's working :smileyfrustrated:

Thanks in advance :)

CraneCrane

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,503 RM Data Scientist

Hi,

you can use Set Role for this. You need to know that you can type in ANYTHING into the dropdown where you can see label, prediction etc.

You need to switch the role to "confidence(CLASSNAME)". I am still curious how you end up with a confidence which has no proper role.

BR,

Martin

- Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • CraneCraneCraneCrane Member Posts: 2 Contributor I

Thank you very much! Can't believe I came along so far without this crucial knowledge :smileylol:

Basically I wanted to play around with an old .csv-file of a multiclass classification.. But when I read that file in I got problems with the roles. Now I could set the roles the way it has to be and it works fine.

Regards,

CraneCrane

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,503 RM Data Scientist

@CraneCrane,

no worries. I've also learned this after like 2 years in the program.. I think we need (and will) to change something there to make it more obvious.

Cheers,

Martin

- Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany