Options

Stop Word and Stemming List / Dictionary

arizah78arizah78 Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
edited October 2019 in Help

Dear All...

I've been using RapidMiner for quite some time, especially for the text mining function. I have difficulty in retrieving the stop word list and stemming (snowball), both for English. The list would help me in updating the content and increase the preciseness of my text mining process. I do really hope if anybody could share with me these lists (stop word and stemming) or at least let me know where/how I can find these lists. Your kind assistance is highly appreciated. 

Thanks.

Answers

• Options
    Telcontar120Telcontar120 Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,635 Unicorn

There is a lot of more detailed information available about the snowball project here: https://snowballstem.org/algorithms/

Brian T.
    Lindon Ventures 
    Data Science Consulting from Certified RapidMiner Experts
  • Options
    sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager

hello @arizah78 -

Just to add a bit...there was a similar request in another thread for the Arabic stopword list and I'm looking into it.  The lists are easy to access; we just want to make sure that we're allowed to (the extension is not open-source and hence the author of the list has copyright ownership by default).  I will let folks here on the community know when I get this answered.

Thanks for understanding.

Scott

• Options

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your update.

Really hope to get a positive feedback soon.

• Options

Thanks. Appreciate the link sharing.

• Options
    sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager

hello @arizah78 - I have the code to the extension (which contains the wordlists) and it is indeed open source.  I will send you the file via PM.

Scott