Use rule induction with excel data set

giorogogiorogo Member Posts: 13 Contributor I
edited December 2018 in Help

Hello everyone, I'm newbie of this program, I wanted to use rule induction with excel. I would like to find rule through <annotation>, <emotion, Second emotion>
I would like to draw some rules between the subtitle annotation and the annotation pair <emotion, emotionSecondaria> (see excel attached).

(annotatio, emotion and emotionSecondaria are the names of the columns)

Could you tell me what is the correct process?
Thank you

Best Answer

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn
    Solution Accepted

@giorogo you might want to concatenate the two columns together so you'd have emotion1_emotion1, emotion1_emtion2, etc into one attribute column and just select that as the label

Answers

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

@giorogo Is this a homework assignment? I would first attempt to create a process and share it with the community instead of just attaching your CSV and hope we build you something. 

FYI: There is a marketbasket sample process on the opening splash page for Studio when you load it up.

• giorogogiorogo Member Posts: 13 Contributor I

@Thomas_Ott Thanks for the reply! I attach the project; my problem is that I can not configure the process to get this result: "If annotation = x then emotion = y and emotionSecondary = z"

You could use the Generate Attributes operator for the if-then statements. I noticed that there are text fields in the data, is there a reason you are not doing Text Processing in this use case? Or is that the goal?

if then conditions are generated by the rule induction component; In practice, if then is generated from the data set training.

1.png

This is the configuration of set role component

2.png

Is it possible that the set role configuration is wrong?

I would like to get this result:

3.png

Thank you 

@giorogo you can't have two 'labels' defined, it will overwrite the last one. 

Could you tell me how to configure? 

Thanks

Thank you, I think this is the correct solution!!!

1.png2.png

@Thomas_OttI have one last question: what do the numbers in brackets represent?

@giorogo can you post a screenshot?

@giorogo good question and I'm not sure. Maybe @sgenzer knows. 

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,507 RM Data Scientist

Hi,

it's the frequency array of the rule.

Best,

Martin

- Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany