Options

What kind of model should I use

saman_de_jongsaman_de_jong Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
edited December 2018 in Help

I am new to the world of datamining and for a school project I have to do an exercise. I have 3 datasets with a total of over 100 variables. Out of these variables I have chosen a couple of relevant ones in regard to the case I am trying to solve. I want to find which ID's are corresponding to the chosen variables, what kind of model do I use to do so? :) 

Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,510 RM Data Scientist
    Hi,

have a look at: http://mod.rapidminer.com/

Cheers,
    Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • Options
    saman_de_jongsaman_de_jong Member Posts: 2 Contributor I

Looked into it, can't decide which one is the one to go with...

• Options
    Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn
    Man...that type of question is like opening a big can of data science whoop ass. The simple and nebulous answer is, it depends.

Think about what you want to optimize on and the business case, then start with the plain vanilla algos like Decision Tree and K-nn. Optimize their parameters. Then evaluate their metrics, and then try different other algorithms. Something like a neural net or a support vector machine.