"Need more data?" popup window continuously shows

billbrockerbillbrocker Member Posts: 2 Contributor I

I'm a rapidminer newbie, just starting to learn from the LinkedIn data mining lesson. I have a community license with 20,000 data rows and 1 logical processor:

rapidM3.PNG

No matter how many times I pick "Maybe Later", the  red "X", or the "Learn More at www.rapidminer.com" choices, the following window keeps popping up:

rapidM2.PNG

I've tried recommending a friend (which is how my data row count increased from 10 to 20K) and searching the knowledge base. It's very annoying to have to keep exiting the popup every couple minutes.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Tagged:

Best Answers

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    Solution Accepted

Hello @makhader1 - thank you for the feedback.  Could you please re-download and do a clean install of RapidMiner and try again?  It is likely that this issue was fixed but you do not have it on your machine.  You will not lose any of your data; these are all stored in your repository.

Scott

• billbrockerbillbrocker Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
    Solution Accepted

Hi Scott,

Success!

I tried the new download and re-install (which first uninstalled my existing version) and I no longer get the recurring pop-up.

Thank you very much for your quick response and I'm looking forward to gaining more RapidMiner expertise.

Thanks again,

Bill

Answers

• makhader1makhader1 Member Posts: 2 Contributor I

I have an educational FREE account. This issue started happening yesterday. My data limit is 10k and I am exactly at 10k records.

Screen Shot 2017-09-13 at 10.55.59 PM.png

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager

good morning @makhader1 @billbrocker my apologies for the popup mayhem.  If you restart RapidMiner, you should no longer have that problem.  :)

Scott

• makhader1makhader1 Member Posts: 2 Contributor I

Hi Scott,

Thank you for your response. I have restarted the Rapidminer software but it didn't help. As soon as I start back the software the popup appears as a hindrance. 

Thanks,

Mohamed