Siemens Use RapidMiner to Optimize MRI Configurations

JEdwardJEdward RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 578 Unicorn
edited December 2018 in Help

Have a read over the attached patent application from Siemens.  It seems they are using RapidMiner to find the best practice configurations for MRI scanners by analysing the settings as used by their customers. 

Nice example of what can be done.

Tagged:

Answers

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager

this looks like it's up your alley, @davidnealbrown.

Scott

• SGolbertSGolbert RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 344 Unicorn

Interesting!

I have looked at Figure 5 in the patent, and that process is only some ETL step. They want to keep the modelling hidden for some reason.

• davidnealbrowndavidnealbrown Member Posts: 4 Contributor I

Thank you for this!  I am sorry I didn't see this earlier but I wasn't paying attention to forum alerts.

I am also delighted to see that Rapid Miner has a presence in China.   Our lab has a strong connection with many universities in China.  The Chinese are very interested in imaging/cognitive neuroscience ergo we have visiting Chinese nationals in our lab daily. One of my side gigs is helping Chinese scientists by editing their research papers so the can be published in English language journals.  If Rapid Miner catches on in China it will be nice to have a common platform.

D