Sourcing text mining data from a web search page or Kindle account

carlcarl Member Posts: 30 Guru
edited November 2018 in Help

Is it possible to use, say, a newspaper search page (e.g. http://www.thetimes.co.uk/search?) to pull in all the full articles as a data source for text mining?  And is it possible to pull in the full text of all purchased Kindle books from ones Kindle account?  If so, what would be the Extension options to enable this?

Best Answer

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,503 RM Data Scientist
    Solution Accepted

Hi Carl,

i do not think that you can do this on the kindle books. It might be possible to read EPUB ebooks somehow, but I am not sure.

For the page. There are some ways. The built in web crawler of Web Mining extension is able to do some things, but it's not the easiest way to do. The other options are:

- Mozenda Extension

- (Maybe) Zapier 

Aylien also provides a News API which might be helpful for you.

~Martin

- Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany

Answers

• 3AlphaDataEntry3AlphaDataEntry Member Posts: 1 Learner I

Hi there, 

I don't think you can mine the data of kindle books. Yes, building web crawler of web mining extension is a way but is is difficult task to do.

Although there are many ways for web mining, it is always preferrable to take help of professioanls to ensure that your output is accurate.