Bug report: RapidMiner gets blocked from starting in Windows by Lantern.

JEdwardJEdward RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 578 Unicorn
edited December 2018 in Product Feedback - Resolved

Okay, as far as I'm aware this bug only affects Windows 10 users, using Lantern (a tool to get around the GFW in China). http://github.com/getlantern/lantern

So in terms of priority to find a fix, it's really now.  It doesn't even effect me that much & I use it!   This is more for any users who find themselves with the same issue and to know what to try to get it working. 

Sometimes when running Lantern you will find that RapidMiner will not start.  There is no error message it just hangs when loading the exe.  It also doesn't produce any error log messages as, it happens before the loader kicks in. 

To fix the problem, in the system tray right click Lantern and select 'Quit Lantern' (disconnect will not be enough).  Then when the RapidMiner splash screen appears you can restart Lantern again. 

Tagged:
0 votes

Declined · Last Updated

This does not seem to be a problem on our end.

Comments

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager

confirmed by dev team with low priority timeline. I will update when there is more to report.

SG

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager