Posting Corrupted XML

Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

There's been a lot of Community members posting corrupted XML's when posting about their specific RM problem. I've managed to recreate the problem. It would appear that users just use a crossing window and select the visible operators, copy, and then paste that into the </>..</> button here on the Community.  This causes the XML to contain additional xml code that prevents the process from showing up correctly when you copy it and paste it in the XML view in Studio.

Perhaps this method of using a crossing selection window, copying and pasting, should be allowed because it's easier and more convenient.

Tagged:
0 votes

Duplicate · Last Updated

merging with https://community.rapidminer.com/discussion/50222/process-xml-handling-and-export-import

Comments

• Telcontar120Telcontar120 Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,635 Unicorn

@Thomas_Ott I should probably already know this, but what's a "crossing window" and how does one use it?  I'm trying to understand the problem better...

Brian T.
    Lindon Ventures 
    Data Science Consulting from Certified RapidMiner Experts
  • Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

@Telcontar120 open up a process and then drag a window over it to select the operators. Then paste it into a text file, you'll see the extra XML.

• Telcontar120Telcontar120 Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,635 Unicorn

Ah, of course, I had just not heard of this technique called the "crossing window" before---nor had I ever attempted to paste XML from it.  It's interesting that this approach generates all those extra XML headers.  It seems to be somehow treating each operator independently rather than part of a connected process.

Brian T.
    Lindon Ventures 
    Data Science Consulting from Certified RapidMiner Experts
  • Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

The "crossing window" is an old AutoCAD term that I learned in my early Engineering days, I guess it pops up from time to time. Old dawgs...new tricks?

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager

yes agreed, Tom.  Can we move this to the Product Ideas thread as this is more an improvement than a bug?