[Report extension] Settings lost

kludikovskykludikovsky Member Posts: 30 Maven
edited December 2018 in Product Feedback - Resolved

Issue:
Settings in the report extension are lost from one edit to another.

This is true for the Generate Report as well as Report Operator.
I would assume that this is somewahte related to this issue report: https://community.rapidminer.com/t5/RapidMiner-Studio-Forum/reporting-extension-annoying-bug/m-p/26158#M19245 
Description:

As this is the fist time I use the Report I have copied the exemaple process and modified.
When I set the Generate Report e.g. to landscape save the settings and return immediately afterwards the setting is reset to portrait. Also when setting the measerement units to e.g. cm.

The sames applies when I try to set a subset of attributes. Those settings are also lost.

I am using pdf and possibly can use the workaround mentioned in the above link, but I think this should be cleaned up as well.

To replicate the issue, just copy the example process from here , paste it into a new process change the settings to landscape and re-check the setting.

EDIT:

This seems to be a general issue in most of the operators.

Can this be a version issue? My Version 7.6.

Tagged:
0 votes

Declined · Last Updated

Advanced Reporting extension now available from Old World Computing on marketplace.

Comments

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    Solution Accepted

hi @kludikovsky - yes this is a long-time, known issue.  The reporting extension is quite old at this point and although there has been much discussion about improving it, it has not taken priority.  Most users prefer to do their reporting outside of RapidMiner Studio, either via Server or via an extension such as Tableau or Qlik.  But it is a point well-taken that there are users who would prefer to use the reporting extension and I would agree that this bug can be irritating.

Scott

• JEdwardJEdward RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 578 Unicorn

I really should get around to writing up my blog post on how to perform tricks with the Reporting extension that are compatible up to RM 7.6. 

I'm sure that by the time I get to it that there'll be a new version up. 

However, to give you a quick pointer.... PDF formatting with the Reporting extension looks pretty old & isn't so flexible. 

I recommend only choosing HTML and then using CSS to format to A4 Pages.

Set CSS to A4 on Print

Because you're using a CSS file you can get very creative with the layout too.

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager

ooh yes that would be great!

pushed to general overhaul of reporting extension.

SG