on Server - "Send test email" works; using Send Mail operator does not

Using RM Server 8. When I send a test email in System Settings, it works fine. When I use the Send Mail operator in a process run on the server, it does not work.

I added com.rapidanalytics.mail.jndi_name = java:/Mail to the config files under job-agent (and job-agent sub folders) to see if that would work - even though it's redundant - but nothing. Also, if I run the process in RM Studio on same machine (with same settings that were used in RM Server setup), it works.

Log is attached.

Please advise. Thanks.

5 Comments (5 New)
RM Staff

I've been able to reproduce your problem. I can confirm that this problem wasn't present in Server 7.6.

We are working on a solution.

Thank you for your post!

RM Staff

As a workaround:

• copy your local /home/username/.RapidMiner/cipher.key file into the RapidMiner Server/job-agent/config/container/.RapidMiner folder
  • copy the following lines from the /home/username/.RapidMiner/rapidminer-studio-settings.cfg to the RapidMiner Server/job-agent/config/container/container.properties file:
    • rapidminer.tools.mail.sender
    • rapidminer.tools.smtp.user
    • rapidminer.tools.smtp.passwd
    • rapidminer.tools.smtp.host
    • rapidminer.tools.smtp.port
    • rapidminer.tools.smtp.security
    • rapidminer.tools.smtp.authentication
Community Manager

moving to Product Feedback.

RM Partner

I encountering the same issue, seems like RM8 server can't apply the smtp host & port in /standalone/configuration/standalone.xml. So using the default smtp host & port as localhost & 25 alternatively.

<outbound-socket-binding name="mail-smtp">
     <remote-destination host="smtp.office365.com" port="587"/>

Screen Shot 2018-02-06 at 11.36.17 AM.png

It's a frequent used operator for us in production env, plz fix it.

Ray Jhong

Community Manager

reported to dev team - will update when addressed.