Options

Add Weka Extension for PAA and SAX Time Series Filtering - or Standalone PAA/SAX Ext. Directly in RM

richardsona4richardsona4 Member, University Professor Posts: 11 University Professor
edited December 2018 in Product Feedback - Resolved

Hello RM Community,

I have installed the Weka Extension in my RM Studio build; however, when I looked through the available filters, I could not find PAA or SAX.  I was hoping to use RM as a more stable solution over Weka, given it is advertised that the RM Weka Extension contains most Weka functionality. 

Can RM add these very important discretization methods to a future version of the Weka Extension or as part of RM in standalone extensions?

Weka PAA SAX Filters.PNGPAA/SAX Time Series FilterPAA/SAX Time Series Filter in Weka 

SAX is currently part of the TerraData Aster solution on the market, but not in a user-friendly application; here is more on the value of SAX for pattern discovery. IOT Pattern Discovery with SAXhttps://community.teradata.com/t5/Learn-Data-Science/Data-Science-IOT-Pattern-Discovery-with-SAX/ba-p/79839?commentID=2141  

Thanks,

Anthony

2 votes

Declined · Last Updated

Closing this idea - only two votes since Aug 2018. Please re-open if this is of interest.PROD-833

Comments

• Options
    sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
  • Options
    Telcontar120Telcontar120 Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,635 Unicorn

The entire Weka extension is due for an overhaul.  There are several other community posts about problems outputting weka models or applying them after they have been used in development.  

Brian T.
    Lindon Ventures 
    Data Science Consulting from Certified RapidMiner Experts
  • Options
    sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager

yes we hear you loud and clear. There are other extensions that are also due for an overhaul and are higher up in the queue due to both sheer usage numbers and applicability in business use cases:

- Text Processing extension

- Web Mining extension

- Python Scripting extension

- Reporting extension (oof)

You probably noticed the time and effort we recently spent on the Time Series extension. This is another one that used to be on the "due for an overhaul" list and is now quite spiffy.

Question - if the Weka extension were made completely open source on GitHub, would there be people able and willing to update it? Just asking for a friend...

Scott