AutoML for RapidMiner

cedric_anovercedric_anover Member Posts: 3 Contributor I

RapidMiner already provides the necessary operators for somewhat building your own AutoML to perform automated supervised learning task. But I also think it would be better if rapidminer can have its own single AutoML operator. This AutoML is similar to TPOT, scikit learn automl, h2o automl, weka automl, etc.

Operator Name: RMAutoML

Inputs:

Data Table

Outputs:

Optimal Model 

Performance

Parameter Set

Parameters:

Optimizer: {Bayesian, Grid, Genetic Algo, etc.}

0 votes

Fixed and Released · Last Updated

Auto Model released

Comments

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,503 RM Data Scientist

Dear Cedric,

thanks a lot for your feedback. This is definitely a  feature we are aware of.

One thing to consider is, that building such a feature the right way is a considerable amount of effort. A big part of the added value of RapidMiner is the combination of simpleness but also completeness of our data science offering. Building a system like you propose in a way that it is easy to use but with good performance opens some challenges. So it's nothing we can code "on the run".

But as I said, we are aware of this.

Best,

Martin

- Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
  • sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager