Connecting MapR with Radoop

rattrian_fitragrattrian_fitrag Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help

Hi All,

I'm new to Rapidminer. Does Rapidminer supports MapR? I tried to connecting MapR using Other (Hadoop 2.x line) option in Rapidminer but no luck. There are no documentation regarding this as well.

Many thanks.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• jpuentejpuente Employee, Member Posts: 53 RM Product Management
    Solution Accepted

update 2018 - RapidMiner now supports MapR

https://docs.rapidminer.com/latest/radoop/installation/distribution-notes.html

Hi,

We don't support MapR at the moment. In fact, what we don't support is mainly MapR's security, which is quite different from that in the other distributions. If you tried to connect to an unsecured MapR using Radoop, you would be able to.

That said, supporting MapR is in our mid-term plans. It won't be there in the immediate future, but it's certainly in our radar.

Regards.

Answers

• rattrian_fitragrattrian_fitrag Member Posts: 2 Contributor I

@jpuente wrote:

Hi,

We don't support MapR at the moment. In fact, what we don't support is mainly MapR's security, which is quite different from that in the other distributions. If you tried to connect to an unsecured MapR using Radoop, you would be able to.

That said, supporting MapR is in our mid-term plans. It won't be there in the immediate future, but it's certainly in our radar.

Regards.

Hi jpuente,

Thanks for the explanation.

Our MapR is unsecured. Is there any spesific configuration on Radoop since MapR doesn't have namenode?

Well, Radoop only supports Hive/HDFS as a data layer, not the MapR-FS, so probably you won't be able to connect in your case.

Well, Radoop only supports Hive/HDFS as a data layer, not the MapR-FS, so probably you won't be able to connect in your case.