Options

Anyone come across an overly large ra_ent_processlogrecord table in the Server repository?

JEdwardJEdward RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 578 Unicorn
edited December 2018 in Help

Hi all,

I noticed that one of our installations of RapidMiner Server 7.x had a repository size of 5 Gigs.  When looking deeper I found that 4.8GB of the 5GB was in the table ra_ent_processlogrecord.  Has anyone come across this table getting overly large or do I just have an excitable database server? 

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Options
    JEdwardJEdward RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 578 Unicorn
    Solution Accepted

No need, it needs an update to RM Server 8 soon anyway.  I've tracked it down to a process error that appears to have looped entries in this log repeatedly.  (Several million of them :mansurprised: ). 

No big worry, I know that I can safely clear that table without breaking anything.  I'll just setup a stored procedure to make sure the table doesn't grow too big in future. 

• Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Solution Accepted

Hi all,

well, over the time this log table grows and grows...however, as far as I remember, there's a setting for the server limiting the maximum size by discarding old entries.

Unfortunately I don't remember the name...something like max_log_entries or similar...

Greetings,

Sebastian

Answers

• Options
    MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,509 RM Data Scientist

John,

have a chat with Helge on our official support. I vaguely remember that he ran into such a case a year ago...

Cheers,

Martin

- Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany