Can not save repository data

narasimhanarasimha Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
edited December 2018 in Help

Hi Rapidminer community,

While running the processes on Rapid miner 8.2 server, we came across below error with 'Store' Operator

Cannot save repository data
Cannot store data in the repository at entry '../data/Averages'. Reason: Cannot upload object: 500: Internal Server Error.

I have attached same error please check.Can you please help us in resolving this issueError_Server_8.2.png

Thank you
Narasimha

Tagged:

Answers

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

@narasimha do you know if MySQL is being used as the backend DB for running Server? IF so, you need to change the maximum packet size. It's usually too small by default. 

• narasimhanarasimha Member Posts: 3 Contributor I

@Thomas_Ott : Hi, Thank you for reply

But we are using "Amazon Redshift" as backend Data base

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

@narasimha oh ok, does Studio have the right security group permission enabled then? Do you have support with RapidMiner, if yes, I'd ask them. I'm only now learning how to leverage AWS and RapidMiner so I'm afraid I'm a n00b

• SGolbertSGolbert RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 344 Unicorn

Hi @narasimha,

I am not sure if Amazon Redshift is fully compatible for a RM Server backend. RM Server needs a traditional transactional database for storing its data, as it uses optimizations that may not be available in a cloud DW. 

In the case of AWS, I think that Amazon Aurora might be able to pull it off, as it is MySQL and Postgres compatible.

Edit: or Amazon RDS

Regards,

Sebastian

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager

yes I would recommend starting with AWS RDS as your Server backend (I usually use MySQL for simplicity). Works very nicely. And yes @Thomas_Ott the trick is the IAM permissions. Best practice would be to create a VPC and let the server talk to the database behind this. This way your database is not exposed.

Scott

• narasimhanarasimha Member Posts: 3 Contributor I

@sgenzer , @SGolbert : Thank you for the reply

Now the backend Database is "MySQL", even though same error with "Store" Operator.

Below is the error message :

Cannot save repository data
    Cannot store data in the repository at entry '../data/Averages'. Reason: Cannot upload object: 500: Internal Server Error

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager

pretty sure that's still an IAM issue

Scott