"Cannot connect to database ..."

michaelhechtmichaelhecht Member Posts: 89 Maven
edited June 2019 in Help
Hello,

I just downloaded RapidNet and installed it on Win XP. Starting RapidNet opens the GUI and than shows an error message

Cannot connect to database: Communications error while establishing connection.

Since there seems to be no description of what to do with the database I'm not able to fix his (Handbuch PDF is not available). Do I have to start a database or do I have to configure something?

I also cannot really understand the explanation in the other topic. I'm not able to install something twice, since I use the normal Windows installer.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.
Tagged:

Answers

• landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    usually RapidNet will be installed together with an Ingres database containing an example project. Please take a look in the Software control panel of windows to check if the Ingres database has been correctly installed. You can see that it  has been started when there is a new green tray symbol in your task bar.

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • michaelhechtmichaelhecht Member Posts: 89 Maven
    Hmmm, there isn't a green icon and the database doesn't seem to run.
    I tried to start the database by starting Ingras.bat but it needs to be a database name specified.

What can I do? Since I didn't get any installation error I'm not sure whether a new installation can help.
  • michaelhechtmichaelhecht Member Posts: 89 Maven
    Meanwhile I run the installer again. Now Ingres is installed properly an the software is working.

Strange, but most simple solution  ;)