Cannot store data in repository at entry.... Violation of primary key constraint

ccrichaccricha Member Posts: 9 Contributor II
edited December 2018 in Help

When I try to store a dataset on a remote server, I get the following error message. It seems that it is trying to add the attribute names into a metadata table that already contains them. How do I clear these metadata tables out?

rm_server_error.png

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Edin_KlapicEdin_Klapic Moderator, Employee, RMResearcher, Member Posts: 299 RM Data Scientist
    Solution Accepted

Hi ccricha,

the Primary key in the Meta data tables contains the Attribute names which need to be unique in RapidMiner (and they definitely are in your RapidMiner object you want to store).

Nevertheless I suppose there are characters in these names which may not be correctly interpreted by your database.

Just for testing purposes, could you please try and use the Operator Rename by Generic Names to rename all attributes.

The resulting ExampleSet should look like 'att_1', 'att_2',....

Best,

Edin

Answers

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

You could try a Materialize Data right before you write it to the database BUT i'm not sure that's going to work 100%.

• JessForbesRMJessForbesRM RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 38 RM Data Scientist

Hello,

Is it possible to attach the more verbose error from inside the log view for that process?  You should be able to access it from clicking the log icon next to the completion times in your process scheduler.  

image.png

This fuller log segment will give us an idea of the specific error

• ccrichaccricha Member Posts: 9 Contributor II

Sure, here is the full error from the log file.

SEVERE: Process failed: com.rapidminer.operator.UserError: Cannot store data in repository at entry '../data/model_table_test'. Reason: Cannot store example set in database as es_31: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'PK__es_31_me__1842C92D2CCBCF70'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.es_31_meta'. The duplicate key value is (STATUS)..
    Jul 19, 2017 12:56:02 PM <unknown> <unknown>
    SEVERE: Here: Process[1] (Process)
    subprocess 'Main Process'
    +- Retrieve sample_table[1] (Retrieve)
    +- prep table[1] (Subprocess)
    subprocess 'Nested Process'
    | +- Set Role[1] (Set Role)
    | +- Generate ID[1] (Generate ID)
    | +- Nominal to Text[1] (Nominal to Text)
    +- Multiply[1] (Multiply)
    +- Filter disk vars[1] (Select Attributes)
    +- Select id & desc[1] (Select Attributes)
    +- Token and Filter[1] (Process Documents from Data)
    subprocess 'Vector Creation'
    | +- Filter Tokens (by Content)[0] (Filter Tokens (by Content))
    | +- Transform Cases[2000] (Transform Cases)
    | +- Remove xslt[2000] (Execute Script)
    | +- Tokenize[2000] (Tokenize)
    | +- Filter Tokens (by Length)[2000] (Filter Tokens (by Length))
    | +- Filter junk out[2000] (Execute Script)
    +- Execute GenAttr[1] (Execute Process)
    +- Join[1] (Join)
    +- Generate Attributes[1] (Generate Attributes)
    +- Select Attributes[1] (Select Attributes)
    ==> +- store model_table[1] (Store)

• ccrichaccricha Member Posts: 9 Contributor II

It turns out that there were two attributes that contained the same name and it makes sense that these were causing a violation of the primary key constraint in the database. I have removed some unnecessary columns and it now works.