Options

Error RapidMiner Server Installer window don't open on Mac OS Sierra

RubicuboRubicubo Member Posts: 1 Learner I
edited December 2018 in Help

Hi guys, I'm trying to run the rapidminer-server-installer on MacOS Sierra, but the RapidMiner Server Installer window don't open. 

I`m getting this error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/xml/bind/DatatypeConverter

at com.rapidminer.license.product.DefaultProduct.createBase64Representation(DefaultProduct.java:169)

at com.rapidminer.license.internal.DefaultLicenseManager.verifyProduct(DefaultLicenseManager.java:1065)

at com.rapidminer.license.internal.DefaultLicenseManager.registerProduct(DefaultLicenseManager.java:259)

at com.rapidminer.server.installer.license.LicenseManagerInitializer.initialize(LicenseManagerInitializer.java:31)

at com.rapidminer.server.installer.Starter.main(Starter.java:62)

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javax.xml.bind.DatatypeConverter

at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.BuiltinClassLoader.loadClass(BuiltinClassLoader.java:582)

at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoaders.java:190)

at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:499)

... 5 more

I will appreciate any advise or solution on how to solve this.

Thanks.

Answers

• Options
    rfuentealbarfuentealba Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member, University Professor Posts: 568 Unicorn

Hey there,

RapidMiner Server requires Java 8 to work. That class is part of the JEE specification and as such it has been removed from Java 10/Java 11. You need to install Java 8 and then modify the script to install the server to enable the proper $JAVA_HOME, and it will work.

All the best,

• Options
    DDresenDDresen Member Posts: 10 Contributor I
    Hey there, 
    I have the same problem. How do I modify the script?
    Thanks in advance
    Danilo
  • Options
    aschaferdiekaschaferdiek Employee, Member Posts: 76 RM Engineering
    Hi. First, you need the Java 8 JRE to run RapidMiner Server installer on your system. Afterwards you can set the enviroment variable $JAVA_HOME to the path of your installed Java 8 JRE binary as mentioned by @rfuentealba . The installer script should pick it up afterwards, maybe you need to relog or reboot first.