How does it work?

XannixXannix Member Posts: 21 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi,
I'm trying to understand how this software works.
It seams to me that I only can open the default proyect "Rapid-I Forum User"
is there any other way to create or open a diferent proyect?

Thanks ; )
Tagged:

Answers

• landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    RapidNet depends on certain data structures that can be read from database. You might connect it to any database that contains the appropriate data structure. These project data must be generated before and of course we are using RapidMiner processes for this, but you might use any tool you want. Of course RapidMiner can make here some valuable points with it's analytical capabilities. Especially if combined with RapidAnalytics for periodically update the nets and attach new Reports (which are currently not part of the demo project).

Our customers usually let a Rapid-I consultant install, configure and maintain RapidNet, but of course you might acquire the needed knowledge yourself. In fact the demo project contains already anything you need to do this.

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • XannixXannix Member Posts: 21 Contributor II
    Thankyou for your explanation... I'll try it : )
  • landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Good luck :)
    If you need help, were here for delivering consulting :)

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • rakirkrakirk Member Posts: 29 Contributor II
    So we need to create Ingres database tables are properly formatted to handle our data. We can accomplish this through writing a query that formats and mirrors our existing database tables- right?

I guess I am confused because I do now know how to connect to the default RapidNet Ignres database. I have tried looking through the RapidNet directory for more information but am still confused. Are there default connections listed somewhere?

I just need a little bit more information to get started learning about RapidNet's capabilities.
  • SkirzynskiSkirzynski Member Posts: 164 Maven
    Hi,

RapidNet uses a configuration database for the projects. This will be specified in a file called 'configuration.xml' in the 'etc' directory of RapidNet. It looks like

<configuration>

<!-- The parameters for the database (DB) connection -->
    <parameter key="db.system" value="Ingres" />
    <parameter key="db.url" value="jdbc:ingres://localhost:RN7/rapidnet;dbms_user=rapidnet;dbms_password=rapidnet" />
    <parameter key="db.username" value="rapidnet" />
    <parameter key="db.password" value="rapidnet" />

</configuration>
    The Community-Edition points to a Ingres database which was installed with RapidNet. This database contains all information about all available projects for RapidNet, i.e. what is the projects name, how RapidNet can access the real data, which fields can be used and filtered, ... etc. Connect to the database to see and browse this tables.

Take the table "RN_PROJ_PROJECTS" for example, which has the fields 'project_id', 'project_status' and 'project_name'. Furthermore every project needs data which will be displayed. To access this data which could be on another database, e.g. your company production database, your next step is to configure database connection to your target database in the table 'RN_APP_DB_CONNECTIONS'. This connections you can use in the table 'RN_PROJ_BASE_DATA_SETS' to specify the meta data in detail.

You can use the configuration of the 'Rapid-I Forum User' database to get an idea of how to configure your own project.

Regards
      Marcin