How to get WSDL for a Java web-service

michaelhechtmichaelhecht Member Posts: 89 Maven
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi,

well, I'm not an expert in web-service technique but the tutorial videos treat the RA web service like a HTML
browser access. I think to make a Java web-service one needs to download the wsdl file and than run it
inside the IDE (Eclipse, Netbeans, etc.) to generate some source code which can access the web-service via
remote procedure calls.

Up to now I don't understand how to do this with RA. Is there any tutorial how to implement the web-service in my
Java code using a wsdl and remote procedure calls including my own data (-table) for label predictions etc. ?

Tagged:

Answers

• MagickMagick Member Posts: 14 Contributor II
    HI Michael

I believe the RA service is a REST web service, not SOAP, therefore it does not have a WSDL.
  • fischerfischer Member Posts: 439 Maven
    Hi,

what exactly do you want to do? There are three things:

- RA has a Web interface that you use in your browser
    - RA has various SOAP Webservices through which it talks to RM. These have WSDL files.
    - With RA you can make your own Web services, by passing parameters to processes. The results can be retrieved via HTTP, Think of them as RESTful Web services. No WSDL, just a URL. These Web services can also be presentation orientated which means you can look at the results with a Web browser, e.g. when you set the output format to HTML or flash chart.

Which of these are you referring to?

Best,
    Simon
  • michaelhechtmichaelhecht Member Posts: 89 Maven
    OK,

this wasn't clear to me. I spoke about SOAP since this is the technique currently applied in our company.
    I heard about REST but since I'm not in the IT department of our company I dind't care about this.

Neither REST nor SOAP are mentioned in the manual, maybe it could be added for people
    like me with a certain half knowledge  ;) So I will check more in detail how REST works in
    general and within RA and if it fits my demands (it probably will).

Thank you very much.
  • fischerfischer Member Posts: 439 Maven
    Hi,

well, I can easily summarize this: Each process exposed as a Web service gets assigned a URL: http://host:port/RAWS/processes/serviceID where the serviceId can be configured by you. Now, the parameters you define in RA for the process can be set using query parameters in the URL like so:

http://host:port/RAWS/processes/serviceID?key1=value1&;key2=value2.

You define the keys when you create the Web service in RA and the values when you call the Web service (via HTTP GET or POST). What you get out of this is, e.g., and XML file (or any other format you choose) that represents the output of the process.

Best,
    Simon