Options

Include custom JavaScript in RapidMiner Web App

MaxFMaxF Member Posts: 5 Contributor II
edited December 2018 in Help

Hi everyone,

I'm trying get include more dynamic elements into my RapidMiner Web App and for that purpose I want to include custom JavaScript.

I have been using this a lot by generating the HTML/Javascript code in RapidMiner and publishing it as an app object. This works fine, but the code is always included in an i-frame.

I now need to include JavaScript in the main HTML-document of the web app. I've tried entering the code in different places, e.g. the web app description, tooltip or in text components. However, my code was always escaped and I wasn't able to get it interpreted by the browser. Has anyone ever done that or has any suggestion on how to achieve this?

Thanks and Greetings!
Max

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Options
    JEdwardJEdward RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 578 Unicorn
    Solution Accepted

Have you tried using parent.$("selector") within the iFrame to search for elements outside the iFrame? 

That might be an option.

Answers

• Options
    sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager

hi @MaxF - there was an initiative a while back to use the D3 libraries in RM Server web apps which may be similar to what you're trying to do. You can see the video here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BeX9aU4zxE

Scott

• Options
    MaxFMaxF Member Posts: 5 Contributor II

parent.$("selector") might actually be sufficient for what I am trying to achieve

Thank you both for your input!