"Installation does not work?"

XannixXannix Member Posts: 21 Contributor II
edited June 2019 in Help
Hello,
I have installed the program but it does not work.
when I open the program nothing happens.
I see that Ingres [RN] is operational but no more.
Do I have to do any other action?

Any idea?

Answers

• landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    which version do you have downloaded? And what is your OS?

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • XannixXannix Member Posts: 21 Contributor II
    I've installed on both, XP and 7. (In a new pc, AMD Phenom, 32 bits)
    If I open task manager in windows, i can't see it in process but i find ingres in services tab... ?!!!
    I've uninstalled and re-installed several times

thanks for replying : )
  • landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    what exactly do you mean by: Nothing does happen? Does no window open?

Greetings,
      Sebastian
    Ok, no window open...
    ???
    i used "rapidnet-1.0x32-install.exe" versión, maybe i can try with "rapidnet-1.0.zip"?

thanks
    Hi,
    that's really wired. Please try to execute the RapidNet.bat from the scripts subdirectory in the program folder of RapidNet. If you start it from  command line, you could copy and paste the messages posted during start up. Perhaps this gives me a clue, why it doesn't start at your computer.

Greetings,
      Sebastian
    Is this what you ask? I hope it help you. Thanks

C:\Program Files\Rapid-I\RapidNet\scripts>rapidnet
    RAPIDNET_HOME is not set. Trying the directory 'C:\Program Files\Rapid-I\RapidNe
    t\scripts\..'...
    Using local jre: C:\Program Files\Rapid-I\RapidNet\scripts\..\jre\bin\java.exe..
    Starting RapidNet from 'C:\Program Files\Rapid-I\RapidNet\scripts\..' using clas
    ses from 'C:\Program Files\Rapid-I\RapidNet\scripts\..\lib\rapidnet.jar'...
    2010-05-10 12:24:53 INFO: Property 'rapidnet.home' is not set. Guessing. (Wrappe
    rLoggingHandler.log())
    2010-05-10 12:24:53 INFO: Trying parent directory of 'C:\Program Files\Rapid-I\R
    apidNet\scripts\..\lib\rapidnet.jar'...gotcha! (WrapperLoggingHandler.log())
    2010-05-10 12:24:53 INFO: Trying parent directory of 'C:\Program Files\Rapid-I\R
    apidNet\scripts\..\lib\rapidnet.jar'...gotcha! (WrapperLoggingHandler.log())
    2010-05-10 12:24:53 INFO: Trying base directory of classes (build) 'C:\Program F
    iles\Rapid-I\RapidNet'...gotcha! (WrapperLoggingHandler.log())
    Exception in thread "main" java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find bundle
    for base name com.rapidnet.resources.i18n.GUI, locale es_ES
            at java.util.ResourceBundle.throwMissingResourceException(ResourceBundle
    .java:1521)
            at java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundleImpl(ResourceBundle.java:1260)
            at java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundle(ResourceBundle.java:962)
            at com.rapidnet.RapidNet.main(RapidNet.java:513)
    Hi,
    with that log, the error becomes obvious: Since you are using a spanish locale, the resource file for your language is missing. Unfortunately there seems to be an error preventing the program from falling back to english. I would recommend to modify the configuration.xml in the etc directory and replace system by english in the language tag.

Greetings,
      Sebastian
    I will try it, and i'll tell you how is going this...
  • manumanu Member Posts: 1 Contributor I
    I had the same issue with German Vista. Changing configuration.xml helps :) Thanks!
    Yuuuuupi !!!!
    It's ok, just change the language tag!!!

Thanks!!!  : )
  • THW_MarkTHW_Mark Member Posts: 11 Contributor II
    Also confirmed for dutch locale files:

Exception in thread "main" java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find bundle
    for base name com.rapidnet.resources.i18n.GUI, locale nl_NL
            at java.util.ResourceBundle.throwMissingResourceException(ResourceBundle
    .java:1521)
            at java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundleImpl(ResourceBundle.java:1260)
            at java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundle(ResourceBundle.java:962)
            at com.rapidnet.RapidNet.main(RapidNet.java:513)
    Hi,
    unfortunately we forgot to make the english language file the default one, so if you System language differs from german or english, it won't start. We are currently working on a new, greatly improved version of RapidNet omitting the need of installing a local database, what will greatly improve ease of installation.

Greetings,
      Sebastian