Installing extensions (Windows )

manisha1595manisha1595 Member Posts: 9 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help

Hey,

I have my rapidminer_server folder in windows machine on path "D:\Rapidminner_server" and created a folder plugins ("D:\Rapidminner_server\plugins") to store extensions. In Rapidminer server "com.rapidanalytics.plugindir" is empty so i set path as above but it is still not loading extension to the server. 

Any help will be appriciated Smiley Happy

Best Answer

• Edin_KlapicEdin_Klapic Moderator, Employee, RMResearcher, Member Posts: 299 RM Data Scientist
    Solution Accepted

Hi manisha 1595,

the Solr extension has dependency to the Text extension which explains the following error:

Cannot load extension rmx_com.solrSmiley Very Happyepends on rmx_test which cannot be found!

A solution is to copy the Text extension file rmx_text into the plugin folder and restart the server.

Best regards,

Edin

Answers

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

Did you shutdown and restart the server?

• manisha1595manisha1595 Member Posts: 9 Contributor I

yes...i followed every step of how to install extension on rapidminer server article.

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

I just noticed that you spelled "rapidminner"

Is your path correct?

• BalazsBaranyBalazsBarany Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert Posts: 955 Unicorn

Another remark: I consider it better to keep the plugins and other folders outside of the RM Server installation folder. This makes updates easier.

E.g.:

d:\RapidMiner

+ server

+ logs

+ plugins

+ uploads

Regards,

Balázs

@Thomas_Ott wrote:

I just noticed that you spelled "rapidminner"

Is your path correct?

yes it is correct path....

In command prompt while running rapidminer server it is showing following error:

Cannot load extension rmx_com.solr:Depends on rmx_test which cannot be found!

@BalazsBarany wrote:

Another remark: I consider it better to keep the plugins and other folders outside of the RM Server installation folder. This makes updates easier.

E.g.:

d:\RapidMiner

+ server

+ logs

+ plugins

+ uploads

Regards,

Balázs

Thanks for the advice :)

I created separate folder...still it is not loading the extensions.

• mmichelmmichel Employee, Member Posts: 129 RM Engineering

Is it possible that you provide the server log file? If you don't want to attach it to this thread you can also send me a PM.

Cheers,

Marcel

@Edin_Klapic wrote:

Hi manisha 1595,

the Solr extension has dependency to the Text extension which explains the following error:

Cannot load extension rmx_com.solrSmiley Very Happyepends on rmx_test which cannot be found!

A solution is to copy the Text extension file rmx_text into the plugin folder and restart the server.

Best regards,

Edin

Thank you so much.....the solution worked....the extensions are loaded successfully ....finally I can work on my project :)

Thank you everyone for your valuable time to solve my problem :)

Good luck on your project!

• icsd11159icsd11159 Member Posts: 16 Maven

Hello , 

i face the same problem , but i don't understand the solution you had! I create a folder outside of server , i copy the rmx_text jar file and i write the path to service settings , re-start the server but the extension doesn't install .

What am i doing wrong?