Job Agent Not Connecting to Server

Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn
edited November 2018 in Help

Hi everyone,

I'm experiencing a strange situation where I did a full install of Server from 8.0.1 to 8.1 (on a Windows machine) and reconnected the old PostgreSQL database to it. That worked fine and Server comes up when I run it from Windows Services. 

The problem is when I download and try to install a new Job Agent and run it, it will not connect (see image).

Server Broker can't connect.png

Now, nothing's changed as far as I know OS wise so I'm scratching my head here. I've also attached my server log here. Please advise, thanks!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Telcontar120Telcontar120 Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,635 Unicorn
    Solution Accepted

@Thomas_Ott  I had almost exactly the same problem when I did my own install of RapidMiner Server 8.0.  It appears to be somehow related to mismatches between the internal configuration of the job agents vs the Server database that is carried over from a prior version.  After working with RM tech support I was able to clear it up by dropping the tables jobservice_job, jobservice_job_error, ra_ent_jobsubmissionfailure, and jobservice_job_agent from the RapidMiner Server database schema, then reinstalling Server and letting those tables get recreated during setup db migration.  Hopefully that clears up the problem for you.  If not, I'd suggest a ticket into support as well.

Brian T.
    Lindon Ventures 
    Data Science Consulting from Certified RapidMiner Experts

Answers

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

@Telcontar120 thanks. I will try this after I back up the DB. :)

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager

if that does not work, tag Edin. He's my go-to for all things Server here on the community.

Scott

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

@Telcontar120 thanks. I did a clean install and moved over my processes. Job Agent started right up.

That said, I hope this issue gets 'fixed' for future upgrades. 

• SGolbertSGolbert RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 344 Unicorn
    Hi everyone, @Edin_Klapic

I'm having a similar problem with Server 9.2. Should I try dropping the DB tables?

I am very confused about the existance of multiple job-agent home folders (the one in the home directory is probably for synchronization). I've noticed that without a agent.properties file in the home/job-agent-home/config directory, I receive an error. This is definitely a wrong behaviour, the agent properties should not be shared.

Error starting ApplicationContext. To display the auto-configuration report re-run your application with 'debug' enabled.
    2019-02-21 15:56:55.104 ERROR 17696 --- [           main] o.s.b.d.LoggingFailureAnalysisReporter   :

APPLICATION FAILED TO START

Description:

Binding to target AuthConfig(audience=rapidminer, issuer=rapidminer.com, tokenExpiration=3600000) failed:

Property: jobagent.auth.secret
        Value: null
        Reason: darf nicht null sein

Action:

Update your application's configuration

However the key is defined in /job-agent/home/config/agent.properties

Then if I copy the config folder from /job-agent/home/config to home/job-agent-home/config (which I shouldn't!) I get another error:

2019-02-21 15:59:48.860 ERROR 17795 --- [taskScheduler-2] c.r.e.jobagent.scheduled.JobAgentTasks   : Could not send Job Agent status message: Exception while sending job agent status message
    2019-02-21 15:59:53.782  WARN 17795 --- [tTaskExecutor-1] o.s.j.l.DefaultMessageListenerContainer  : Setup of JMS message listener invoker failed for destination '__agentCommand' - trying to recover. Cause: Stopped.
    2019-02-21 15:59:53.788  WARN 17795 --- [tTaskExecutor-2] o.s.j.l.DefaultMessageListenerContainer  : Setup of JMS message listener invoker failed for destination '__agentCommand' - trying to recover. Cause: Stopped.
    2019-02-21 15:59:53.789 ERROR 17795 --- [tTaskExecutor-1] o.s.j.l.DefaultMessageListenerContainer  : Could not refresh JMS Connection for destination '__agentCommand' - retrying using FixedBackOff{interval=5000, currentAttempts=0, maxAttempts=unlimited}. Cause: User name [yahx-um8apowCE908tPbVzBu] or password is invalid.
    2019-02-21 15:59:53.797  WARN 17795 --- [tTaskExecutor-3] o.s.j.l.DefaultMessageListenerContainer  : Setup of JMS message listener invoker failed for destination '__agentCommand' - trying to recover. Cause: The JMS connection has failed: Force close due to SecurityException on connect
    2019-02-21 15:59:53.799 ERROR 17795 --- [tTaskExecutor-2] o.s.j.l.DefaultMessageListenerContainer  : Could not refresh JMS Connection for destination '__agentCommand' - retrying using FixedBackOff{interval=5000, currentAttempts=0, maxAttempts=unlimited}. Cause: User name [yahx-um8apowCE908tPbVzBu] or password is invalid.
    2019-02-21 15:59:53.803 ERROR 17795 --- [tTaskExecutor-3] o.s.j.l.DefaultMessageListenerContainer  : Could not refresh JMS Connection for destination '__agentCommand' - retrying using FixedBackOff{interval=5000, currentAttempts=0, maxAttempts=unlimited}. Cause: User name [yahx-um8apowCE908tPbVzBu] or password is invalid.

It says the username or password is invalid, but this is the auth key generated during installation, it should be ok.

The problem happened when migrating from 9.1 to 9.2.

What should I do?? It's getting tiresome to face these issues on every update.

Regards,
    Sebastian
  • SGolbertSGolbert RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 344 Unicorn
    Hi,

sorry for replying so fast to my own problem, but I apparently solved it by installing a new agent via the "download preconfigured job agent" option and then moving it to /job-agent and changing its name to "agent-bundled".

It could be that the auth key was really wrong somehow. I don't know what to do with the job-agent.zip file, is it necessary to generate preconfigured job agents?

Regards,
    Sebastian