Postgresql Password Authentication error

rachel_lomaskyrachel_lomasky Member Posts: 52 Guru
edited December 2018 in Help

Hi,

I have a Postgresql server that I'd like to connect to, on an AWS server.

When I connect from Studio, it works fine.

When I connect from the machine that I have installed RapidMiner Server on using psql, it works fine.  But when I try to connect from RapidMiner server, I get 'FATAL: password authentication failed for user "your_user".'  This seems like clearly a RM configuration issue, but I'm not sure what to even check.

The driver on the server is a slightly older one than the one on the machine that I'm running Studio on.

Thanks,

Rachel

Answers

• BalazsBaranyBalazsBarany Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert Posts: 955 Unicorn

Hi,

the JDBC driver version in RM Server should be fine. I use Server with PostgreSQL all the time. Do you have native PostgreSQL on the AWS server or some Amazon version?

Are there complex characters in the password? Could you try changing it temporally?

You could try a Java SQL client like Squirrel SQL. If that works, then the problem is in the Server. If not, then it's a JDBC problem, not only affecting RM Server. 

Regards,

Balázs

• rachel_lomaskyrachel_lomasky Member Posts: 52 Guru

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.  No special characters and other clients work just fine, including those connecting remotely to the server and those running on the server.

Thanks,

Rachel